View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Week beginning Monday 3rd August

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Week beginning Monday 3rd August

Postby Dave Thomas » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 pm

First of all. Apologies if the updates turn out to be rather the next two weeks as I will only have intermittent time or internet access to look at the forecasts.

Monday looks a nice mynd day, but further into southern England more NW and much higher base, but a greater chance of some big towering clouda that spreadout and shutdown the thermals.
Then south to SW for a couple of days before going SE and then north next weekend. Looks flyable many times the next week.
Dave Thomas

Re: Week beginning Monday 3rd August

Postby Geoffm » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Thursday is SSW, Clatter. The Clatter site guide page says it's closed. http://www.longmynd.org/?page_id=280. But the welcome page says it's open. I think the welcome page gives the correct information, since that was edited more recently than the Clatter page itself.

Actually, whilst I'm on this topic, it would be helpful if all the out of date info on the welcome page was removed. Having updates there going back to March is just confusing and unnecessary. Unless there is a good reason for out of date updates that I have missed?
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby Geoffm » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:14 pm

People were at Clatter today, and I think flew. Should be Clatter Friday too, maybe going round more westerly in the evening for the Mynd.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 pm

Friday has mid and north wales with marginally decent air but a fairly good chance of towering Cu to over 20,000ft. Clatter or Shepherds Tump look options for our sites, but if its light neither have slope landings options really. I can confirm clatter is open but when trying to update website it keeps timing out on me, but it's not my job anyway.
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.