View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Re: Week beginning Monday 29th June

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Postby Dave Thomas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Nothing doing until Wednesday, but then the forecasts are all over the shop with wide variatons between them. Probably going to be dry or at least mostly so but wind speeds could be too low to ridge soar or alternatively with only small differences in where the wind changes to being blown out we may or may not be lucky. I will keep a keen eye on wed/thurs.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:44 am

Wednesday looks not at all great - however I think there is a reasonable chance of flying the Long Mynd late on this evening, as the wind dies down and the risk of Cu-Nims reduces and the wind is expected to come more onto the West as well as the rain moving east.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 am

Thursday has a high chance of rain at times, but i think a good chance of it being flyable at times too. Forecasts agree on the rain but specifically around our area not agree entirely on direction. It might be west all day or it might go completely NW which would allow lawley to be better. It might be too windy at the mynd anyway for the main part of the day, as the forecasts dont agree exactly on that either. In bwtween the occasional bands of tain, cloudbase should be perfectly ok for ridge soaring.
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.