View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Week beginning Monday, 24th June

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Week beginning Monday, 24th June

Postby Geoffm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:26 pm

Monday: not that great during the day, chance of rain and thundery showers. But in the evening, drying out and going westerly, and could be soarable on the Mynd.

Tuesday: again wet during the day, drying out in the evening. NNE, so Corndon, but could be too light really for there.

Wednesday: a nicer day, ENE. Corndon locally. Or the Malverns.

Thursday: and east again (I thought we'd got rid of the endless easterlies but apparently not). Sunny, could be another good day on Corndon (yesterday, Saturday, was pretty good there I think, and at Camlo too). Probably too strong for PGs on the Malverns.

Friday: much the same as Thursday...

Weekend: back to westerlies.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Re: Week beginning Monday, 24th June

Postby Geoffm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Yes, it was soarable this evening on the Mynd. After the thunder.... Not epic at all, though. But soarable for a while.

The rest of the week much as I said yesterday, except that the easterlies might be stronger than I first thought.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 am

Thursday and Friday easterly and fairly breezy, with a low inversion - best as late in the day as possible to allow the heat to build and raise the inversion level to flyable heights, Friday possibly even windier than today.

Saturday windy in England but lighter in Wales and either light westerly on the coast or southerly.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:11 pm

I think that just before the Cold front arrives from the west on Saturday it might get nicely flyable and ridge soarable as pre-frontal cloud forms - southerly winds though so site choice difficult as always. A bit (big bit actually) of a guess but Camlo about dinnertime looks right given current forecasts.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:04 am

More variation between forecasts now for today, with the front appearing to be moving in already. Wrekin if it's not too windy (which it might be later on), Corndon, Camlo or Gyrn Moelfre are all possibilities. depends on just where you are in relation to the front, but cloudbase and thermals to 3500ft.
Sunday too windy.
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.