View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Week beginning Monday, 15th April

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Week beginning Monday, 15th April

Postby Geoffm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Another week of easterlies. Like last week, there will be some flyable days. Feel free to post here if our forecasts were right, and it was flyable on the hills we suggested. Good to get feedback. Or, indeed, post here if you think our forecasts are shit, and you want to post your own forecasts.

Monday: blown out here.

Tuesday: some rain. Forecasts differ as to when it wll clear. Winds dropping during the day. If it clears early enough, and drops enough, Corndon, Malverns, Gyrn might work. Not looking that good though.

Wednesday: light winds, dry. Malverns by far the best bet.

Thursday: windy again, too strong.

Friday: winds a little lighter, Corndon should work at this strength.

Weekend: sunny, thermic, good strength for Corndon.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Re: Week beginning Monday, 15th April

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Wednesday looks quite nice, for bith ridge soaring and maybe xc. Winds moderate east to ESE and there's a variety of conditions from the usual sites, with no one site obviously better than another. Cloudbase and thermic conditions are a bit variable in position and time, but getting to 4000ft generally.
Dave Thomas

Re: Week beginning Monday, 15th April

Postby Geoffm » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 pm

From a post on the LMSC FB page it looks like I was wrong about Corndon on my Sunday post, with at least one pilot, David Mc, at 4 grand today. People did, I think, also fly at the Malverns, though it was light at first, according to Tony G's post on Telegram. But looking at Livetrack just now, it looks like people did fly there. No XCs as far as I can tell though, and nothing yet on the XCLeague though it is a bit early.

Thursday is bang on east, and Corndon does look like a good bet - winds are slightly stronger too, so there's at least a chance it could be too windy at the Malverns.

Friday is a little lighter, ENE/NE. Again Corndon looks good.

Saturday: as Friday.

Sunday: looks like it might be South, or SE. Not sure about a site yet. Maybe the Gyrn, or Wrekin, if it is light enough.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.