View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Bash date options

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Bash date options

Postby Crawford Coulson » Mon May 21, 2018 8:21 pm

I wonder if having the BASH in another month would work better for more pilots. We’ve had all winter with dark evenings & little chance of XC, it seems the wrong month to then have the BASH in the first good flying month with late evening flying and possibly best XC month of the year. I wonder how many pilots do not want to commit who would otherwise attend.

It has been mentioned before to possibly have the AGM and Bash together at the end of the season (end October/November?) to celebrate this and pilots XC achievements while it is still fresh in everyone’s minds. Maybe play a projector with photo’s and videos taken during the year. Might even get people arriving to the Bash early to hear some of the AGM!

I think summer months are better for late notice events, like a bring your own to a BBQ if the forecast shows a period of westerleys. Or something like a hotdog/burger and beer evening on the Mynd or MGC if available, little cost and not much time in preparation, doesn’t really matter if 5 or 50 turn up for the cost of 50 hotdogs and rolls and a barrel of beer. I miss the BBQ on the Mynd!

Just my thoughts, not saying it will suit everyone.
Crawford Coulson

Re: Bash date options

Postby David Broughton » Tue May 22, 2018 4:03 am

That's a very good idea Crawford.

Anything that involves members more actively with the running of the club and promotes increased attendance at the AGM is to be welcomed. And could serve to moderate some of the decisions currently being taken almost exclusively by the committee!

And a BBQ at the Mynd is usually a fun event.
David Broughton

Re: Bash date options

Postby Geoffm » Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 am

Yes, I agree too! Both the timing of the Bash, and the BBQ.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.