View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Lea Kerr HG accident 26 May

All issues relating to safety including incident and accident reports, etc.

Lea Kerr HG accident 26 May

Postby David Broughton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Copied from North Wales forum -

Hello all, we are raising some money for Lea and any donations greatly and thankfully received

Lets dig deep and help out grounded pilot Lea Kerr. Sponsored cycle...

Lea may have saved the life of an innocent young child that day but his own resulting injuries from that final evasive manoeuvre have left him still in Hospital 6mths on with severe cervical spinal injuries.
Lea is only 32, a self employed builder, has a long road ahead of him in recovery, rehabilitation and adjusting back to normal life when he eventually leaves hospital. Obviously financial concern must play a part in this.
Lets do our bit and dig deep, just as we would hope that our fellow pilots, friends and colleagues would do for us in such a case.

So I/we intend to cycle 100miles round trip from the Wirral to Lea's hospital in Oswestry, yes this is no major elitism...but it a fair way for us old unfit hang glider pilots...
Ex hangie Phil Don will make the journey this weekend and i'll follow over the next week.

Please donate
Via paypal, carlwallbank@hotmail.com please add you name to transaction.
Or by post or text

Thank you all
Carl Wallbank
David Broughton

Re: Lea Kerr HG accident 26 May

Postby Stephen Taylor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Also copied from The North Wales forum

"Quite a number of para's offered donations today at Llan, thank you sooo much, those not wanting to use Paypal can send direct to myself at Carl Wallbank, 20 greasby road, greasby, Wirral ch49 3ne, thank you all'

Thanks
Stephen Taylor

Postby Ellie Hoskins » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 am

stephen, is carl's the name you need on the cheque?
Ellie Hoskins

Postby Stephen Taylor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 am

I assume so, I donated through PayPal - carlwallbank@hotmail.com
Stephen Taylor

Return to Safety, incidents and accidents

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.