View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Corndon /Lan Fawr parking issues – Again! Please read...

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Corndon /Lan Fawr parking issues – Again! Please read...

Postby Crawford Coulson » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:15 pm

NB Corndon /Lan Fawr parking issues – Again! Please leave room for farm vehicles & trailers to pass & to turn into gates!

Today I understand we had a very irate farmer who couldn’t access his field as his vehicle and livestock trailer could not turn into the Lan Fawr gate due to paragliders parked vehicles at the second gate area.

It really is critical when parking at Corndon / Lan Fawr that anyone parks well to the side so that large farm vehicles can pass and that we stay well clear of gates such that vehicles with long trailers can turn in. If you can’t/don’t want to brush up against vegetation or there isn’t space left, please go and park elsewhere. Farm vehicles with trailers need a lot of clear space to pass & even more to turn! They are trying to work so its unsurprising that they will be cross if we block their access to their own fields.

We’ve already lost access beyond the second gate – poor parking could see further parking restrictions or worse.
Please pass the message around!

Thank you
LMSC Committee
Crawford Coulson

Re: Corndon /Lan Fawr parking issues – Again! Please read...

Postby Geoffm » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:30 pm

It might be worth putting us up a permanent no parking sign on those two gates too.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby Geoffm » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:31 pm

Or even 'us putting up'....
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby Crawford Coulson » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Hi Geoff, just so anyone following this knows I'm not ignoring you, I have been in touch earlier & directly.

The committee are exploring a few options and currently waiting to hear back on one of them. What you suggest might be an option, but for the moment as long as everyone parks very sensibly it is Ok.

Just for everyone to be aware we really do need to move our vehicles as far over as possible if on the lane, if its a narrow bit of the lane don't park at all if you cannot leave clearance for a large tractor and trailer. Near any gates leave a huge area vehicle free as the farmers sometimes have very long tractors requiring a much larger turning circle than might seem necessary.

I'll update as I get any news that applies!
Crawford Coulson

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.