View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Committee Meeting 11 August - Trustees & Sites Coordinator

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Committee Meeting 11 August - Trustees & Sites Coordinator

Postby Crawford Coulson » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:14 am

Hi

All members should have received an email about tonight's committee meeting. Just in case you haven't seen it, a copy is below.

Committee Meeting - (1)TRUSTEES & (2) SITES COORDINATOR STILL REQUIRED

Apologies for the last minute notice, should any members be interested, there is a committee meeting scheduled for this Wednesday evening, 11th August, at 8pm.

(1)
The committee is to finalize agreement and arrangements regards the trustees of the Long Mynd take off area. With 1 trustee stepping down, Mark Leavesley was put forward and subsequently voted in at the last AGM.
Subsequent to this the committee decided to investigate a 4th trustee option - meaning this expensive and complicated process would not have to take place again if/when in the future just one of the trustees steps down.
Jason Smith was put forward and has also kindly agreed to be a trustee. Jason has been the clubs treasurer for many years, is an active hang glider pilot and I have full confidence in him being a trustee.
The committee will vote on this at the meeting and any club members who wish to be involved or contribute are welcome to attend the meeting.
(2)
The Sites Coordinator role is still vacant and it is urgent that this is filled as soon as possible. This is a really interesting role and following a change to bring in more sites officers, the work involved is shared to a much greater degree than before.
If you would like more information or would like to volunteer please contact me and/or attend the meeting. I’m happy to go over what it involves if that would help you decide.
I have to stress that the club really does need a volunteer, and soon, for this role – please give it some thought!

To attend the meeting, please email chairman@longmynd.org asking for a Zoom invite to the meeting. If you have any queries in advance of the meeting, do please email them over.

Should there be any problem on the evening with the running of the Zoom meeting, communication will be via the LMSC Telegram Chat group so please keep an eye on that.

Many thanks,

Crawford Coulson
Long Mynd Soaring Club - Chairman
Crawford Coulson

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.