View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

LMSC 2021 AGM

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

LMSC 2021 AGM

Postby Richard Jerman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:35 am

Just a date for your diaries, the LMSC 2021 AGM will be held on the 25th of March @ 7pm via zoom.

More information will follow next week.

Kind Regards,

Rich.
Richard Jerman

Re: LMSC 2021 AGM

Postby Richard Jerman » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:25 am

Long Mynd Soaring Club (LMSC) AGM NOTIFICATION.

On Thursday the 25th of March at 7pm we will be holding the LMSC AGM via Zoom.

We look forward to as many members attending as possible as the last AGM had a large attendance.

The timeline leading up to this is as follows:

04/03/21 - The committee will be holding a meeting.

11/03/21 –- The committee members reports will be published.

18/03/21 - Deadline for questions from membership, motions and nominations for committee roles. (forms attached)

23/03/21 - The agenda for the AGM will be published on the forum.

On the evening, I will keep the meeting on track to prevent it from over running like the last. Any motions should be accompanied with the members reason and information behind it on the forum, by the 23/03/21. This is so members can start making informed decisions prior to the meeting and keep discussion on the night to a minimum.

The meeting will be carried out with all members being on mute and using the 'raise hand' function, then the host can manage the debate to prevent over talking each other.

I ask that when members do talk they keep it short, concise, and on topic to prevent the meeting going off on a tangent, and only items submitted prior to the meeting will be discussed. The host will use their discretion on this matter and can't guarantee all members have their say in the allotted time allocated.

Voting will be the same as the last AGM, the questions will appear on the screen for you to apply your vote. Once all votes are in, the host will display the results.

Please be aware that we have no control over the AGM being recorded.

As always, ALL committee posts are up for re-election at the AGM and the nomination forms can be found attached to this email. The following committee members below will carry on in their roles should no one step forward.

Treasurer - Jason Smith

Safety Officer - Dave Thomas

Membership - Luke Evans

Competitions - Jon Tatton

Wrekin Sites Officer - Tony Flint

Webmaster - Brian Sanders

The following roles will become vacant at the AGM as the current committee members wish to stand down, however, it is imperative that they are filled in order for the Club to continue and function.

Chairman – Richard Jerman

Sites Officer - Kevin Williams

Secretary - Louise Rafferty

Communications - Chris De Pinna

Social Secretary - Sian Leavesley

Chief Coach - Mark Leavesley (this is a committee appointed position)

It is clear to me that most of the committee (not only those committee members stepping down) are frustrated and disheartened with how they are being treated for carrying out a voluntary role, of which they are putting so much free time and effort in to!

These volunteers, who are passionate about our sport and want the club to succeed by offering their time, effort, experience and enthusiasm to serve the club, are a huge asset to us and vital to ensure the essential day to day running of the club and to safeguard the future of the LMSC and our sites.

Sometimes these roles can be quite challenging and pressurised as committee members have to juggle their personal and professional lives, therefore your positive support, encouragement and trust is essential to the cause.

These days the use of far reaching social media channels are being used to make inappropriate, misinformed and unjustified remarks by certain individuals.

This undermines the work and efforts of your committee to the point we say, “why should we bother”?

Clearly your committee will make decisions that you may disagree with, which is fine, as sadly we would never be able to please everyone. There are however, processes in place to challenge these decisions in a constructive manner (email committee member/forum), and NOT in a deconstructive and intimidating way, (on unofficial socials), which regrettably has become the norm and must stop now! We are not a utility company making millions off the membership, we are just like you and like many before us, have put ourselves forward for the good of the club and to protect its future. Simply put, No committee = No club = No flying!

I really hope things can change for the better so that new and existing committee members feel valued, as they should be.

This is now the opportunity for those of you who believe you can do better, bring in your opinions and expertise to improve the club and run it as you think it should.

So STEP UP and fulfil these VACANT roles.

I look forward to receiving your nominations for each role to enable the club to continue.

Kind regards,

Richard Jerman,

LMSC Chairman.
Richard Jerman

Postby Geoffm » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:24 am

I am really extremely sorry so many are resigning, and think it is a real shame. Anyone is free to criticise (and I have in the past), but there are ways of doing it to be constructive and supportive. It can - especially nowadays, in the the social media age - be far too easy to publicly criticise, but not constructively. I was hopeful the new members, or existing members in new roles, would be given at least some months, or more, to be able to settle in, learn their job, and to turn the club round after a difficult year or two. Apparently this was not the case, and I think it is tragic, both for the club, and for the individuals involved. I really hope you will change your minds, and give it a little longer - but quite understand and sympathise if you are unable to.

Geoff.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby chris depinna » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:14 pm

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the reply, I hope you looking after yourself. As you know all the positions on the committee will be up for election at the AGM. This is a great club; a lot of individuals that are on that list will be present for the election they are simply letting the members know that it is up for election and if members wish to stand for a role it is available.

On a side note there are many exciting topics to be discussed in the committee meeting and AGM, I have been in talks with potential sponsors for the club which have proven fruitful and stand to benefit the LMSC members going forward if passed.

Thanks
Chris de Pinna
chris depinna

Postby David Broughton » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:37 am

I agree with Geoff. I don't do Facebook etc but if some committee members are getting upset because of comments a few disgruntled individuals are making then they need to realise that it IS only a few and the majority are generally supportive. OK not everything is hunky dory but I don't see people coming forward who will make it all great again (if it ever was!).
David Broughton

Postby Richard Jerman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:18 am

Just a reminder, a week today (march the 25th) we will be holding the LMSC AGM.

At present there are quite a few roles on the committee going to be vacant as members are standing down, including -

Chairman
Sites Officer
Secretary
Social secretary
Communication
Chief coach
And in addition to my last message, Competitions Officer.

It is vital these roles are filled for the prosperity of the club!
If you are considering standing, please contact me on lmsc.chairman@gmail.com for more information on the roles and what they involve.
It is important to have new blood within the committee regularly to move it forward.

Many thanks,

Richard

LMSC Chair.
Richard Jerman

Postby Louise Rafferty » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:03 am

Morning all,

Committee members reports attached.

Many thanks
Louise Rafferty
Attachments
LMSC Treasurers report March 2021.pdf
Committee members report
(295.76 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
LMSC Site Reports .docx
Committee members report
(12.42 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
LMSC MEMBERSHIP pie data 2021.pdf
Committee members report
(42.35 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
LMSC Coaching Report .docx
Committee members report
(18.4 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Louise Rafferty

Postby Richard Jerman » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 am

AGM Agenda
Attachments
LMSC AGM 2021 Agenda.pdf
AGM Agenda
(45.13 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Richard Jerman

Postby Richard Jerman » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:59 am

2020 AGM Minutes.
Attachments
LMSC AGM Minutes 29.10.2020.pdf
2020 AGM Minutes.
(182.87 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Richard Jerman

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.