View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

LMSC Welsh lockdown update!!

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

LMSC Welsh lockdown update!!

Postby chris depinna » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:23 am

HI

Following the Welsh Government's swift decision to impose a Lockdown, We can see no other way than to close ALL welsh sites as of 20/12/20.
This is due to be reviewed in three weeks and we will keep you updated.

Please find below the affected sites-

Camlo - Closed
Corndon - Closed
Clatter - Closed
Llandinam - Closed
Llan Fawr - Closed
Shephards Tump - Closed

We thank you for your patience and understanding at these difficult times.

Further details
https://gov.wales/first-minister-statement-19-december

Kind Regards,

LMSC Committee.
chris depinna

Re: LMSC Welsh lockdown update!!

Postby Stephen Taylor » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:57 am

I'm sites officer for NWHGPC. Over the last few days I've been contacting the landowners to confirm that LOCAL PILOTS can resume flying.
These site are open Llangollen, Moel Accre, Moel y Faen, Llantysilio, Penycloddiau,
I'm still waiting to get a definite answer for Moel Famau, Thurstaston and Gyrn Moelfre.
I'll update as soon as I get any new information.
Thanks
Stephen Taylor

Postby Richard Jerman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:21 am

Thanks Stephen for the update on those sites!
Richard Jerman

Postby Richard Jerman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:22 am

Good morning,

As you will be aware on Saturday the 13th of March the covid guidance in Wales has changed from "stay at home" to "stay local" and outdoor sports can resume.

Following this guidance the landowners have been contacted and have agreed to open their sites to pilots who reside in Wales.

It is up to the pilot if they deem travelling to these sites as staying local, and we currently ask pilots NOT to travel from England to these sites until further notice.
The landowners have asked us to remind all pilots to ensure they close gates behind them.

Lan Fawr is still CLOSED due to lambing until the 1st of May, please always check the website for site statuses.

Kind regards,

LMSC Committee.
Richard Jerman

Postby Stephen Taylor » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

I've still not had any confirmation that we can resume flying at Thurstaston or Moel Famau. I keep getting 'we're waiting for the relevant committee to give the go ahead'
Gyrn Moelfre is now open - please remember that there is now a £5 parking fee
Stephen Taylor

Postby chris depinna » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 pm

Evening,

Please see below,I have made minor changes. read though and let me know if you are happy for me to send it out.

Evening,

As I am sure you are aware that the UK and its devolved administrations are now beginning to relax their Covid-19 rules. As part of this ongoing process restrictions on cross border travel between Wales and England are being lifted on the 12th of April. These changes have been interpreted by the BHPA as allowing pilots living in England to fly Welsh sites and vice versa. LMSC will follow this guidance and remove it’s restriction on non-resident/local pilots flying Welsh sites.

This means as of the 12th of April the following sites are open to all LMSC pilots.

· Corndon Hill (This is a very sensitive site so please take time to read the updated site guidelines)

· Camlo

· Clatter

· Llandinam

· Shepherds Tump

PLEASE NOTE however, the below sites remain temporarily closed.

· Clunbury

· Lan Fawr

We would like to thank members for their continued patience over the last few months and express our gratitude for adhering to the rules during this challenging time. However, we need to remember our presence around tight knit communities, affected by Covid-19, may be viewed negatively for some time in the future; this can influence local landowner decisions. As such, please act respectfully and relay any public concerns brought to your attention to a committee member.

Happy flying

LMSC Committee
chris depinna

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.