View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Week beginning Monday 7th December

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Week beginning Monday 7th December

Postby Dave Thomas » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:04 am

Monday can't make its mind up yet. Well at least I can't make up my mind anyway, other than it's unlikely to be ridge soarable, but whether the hills will be clear, that's what I'm not sure about, the lapse charts are so close together a tiny temp variation will have them clagged in or know what site might be the right place to go.

Tuesday maybe a better chance of clearer air, but a much greater chance that's blown out rather than too little wind.
Dave Thomas

Re: Week beginning Monday 7th December

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:20 am

Cautious optimism for today, most wind forecasts say ok, but RASP shows blown out due to a strong increase in wind at height. Mynd is clear of fog at present, will check other cameras to see what's going on elsewhere though.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Tuesday morning saw some flying from long mynd and black knoll launches.

The Mynd north camera is back online and sarn camera now points north too, which looks a lot more use than pointing wildly into the air.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 am

It's west on the Mynd at present, but due to be SW going south, and it's already going that way in Wales where our SW and South sites are. Lapse charts indicate a more 'normal' view so less chance of fog and low cloud today I hope. Wind forecasts vary a little between quite light and top end and higher levels.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:01 am

Friday has quite varied forecasts. Some say rain this morning, others none. Some say fairly decent SW to WSW wind, others very light SW to S. Lapse charts show it should be clear to at least hill height and above.

Saturday west but probably on the windy side, but should be launchable for HG's and probably PG's at some stage.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:43 am

Winds for Saturday do look like being on the too strong side until it's dark again. HG I think might be ok but upper winds are strong and base not high which tends to increase the venturing effect over the Mynd.
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.