View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Visiting Pilots / Helmet Stickers

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Visiting Pilots / Helmet Stickers

Postby Roy Dade » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 pm

Just one other suggestion then I’ll shut my trap for a while but with pressure on our sites and with RASP and Telegram encouraging pilots to travel some distance to fly would it make sense to issue club members with helmet stickers to identify members from non-members?

Maybe a bit old hat, excuse the pun, but we do have members only sites and now there’s a fee for visitors flying the Mynd it might encourage payment or taking membership. The sticker worked well that way for the Malverns?
Roy Dade

Re: Visiting Pilots / Helmet Stickers

Postby John Antill » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:23 am

I agree, many clubs use helmet stickers to identify non club members.
Increased use of our sites will mean more issues with land owners so every additional peeny we can get will help the club.
John Antill

Postby David Broughton » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:03 am

It's worth looking at again (we had member stickers in the past).

The issue is getting someone who is willing (and willing to face rejection and abuse!) to challenge non-members and require them to pay the day fee.

I recall on one busy day at the Mynd James Davidson went round checking the non-members & collected over £100 in day fees!
David Broughton

Postby Roy Dade » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 am

I think you’re right Dave it’ll probably take a number of measures to address the issue. I would have thought for regular visitors club membership would be more cost effective. I think the DSC have a temporary membership scheme that could be worth looking at. I think this is a broad topic that needs to consider more sensitive members only sites where it’s members only due to the threat of over use?
Roy Dade

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.