View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Corndon Hill - No driving to the top

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Corndon Hill - No driving to the top

Postby kevin williams » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Powis Estates have requested the we no longer drive up to the top fence near the launch sites. They ask that we park at the bottom of the hill along the lane then walk up.
Their Scientific Officer says it’s a SSSI and doesn’t want vehicles driving up the hill except for farm vehicles belonging to their tennant sheep farmer.
I’m arranging for a sign to made which will be fixed to the Btm gate.
Any pilots who flaunts this new restriction will be putting our use of the hill in jeopardy.
kevin williams

Re: Corndon Hill - No driving to the top

Postby Roy Dade » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Kev

Just a query on parking generally as the restriction on top parking is bound to add to more parking on the lane. Is it still permitted to park on verges further down provided we don’t obstruct farm vehicles ie beyond the first gate where the verges are very wide?

Regards

Roy
Roy Dade

Re: Corndon Hill - No driving to the top

Postby Dave Thomas » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:09 am

I'm not involved in sites, but as far as I'm aware there's no restriction on parking on the grass adjacent to the steep path up the NW face of the hill, though not much space for many cars there. I know most school students in the past have parked at the foot of the track by the road and water works, or alternatively up the track that goes across the moorland to the north of the road. It seems blindingly obvious to most pilots to not block potential entrances to farmland but unfortunately some people that fly seem to be blind to this matter (probably blind in the air too I would suggest).
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.