View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Webcam question

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Webcam question

Postby Crawford Coulson » Tue May 19, 2020 11:55 am

Can anyone shed light on why the webcam that faced north towards the LMSC launch field, purchased by the LMSC and kindly hosted by the MGC, has been removed from the LMSC website while it still operates on the MGC website?

I’ve been told the MGC have not asked for it to be removed and have no issue hosting it for us – its removal was a LMSC committee decision.

I know we have another system coming into play but why remove access to the old system while it continues to work and is a useful aid, months before the new system is installed – just seems daft?
Crawford Coulson

Re: Webcam question

Postby Geoffm » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:48 am

Hi Crawford,

Only three weeks since you posted this question. Anyway, the LMSC cam is still available on the MGC site at https://www.midlandgliding.club/weather-information/
Geoffm
Site Admin

Re: Webcam question

Postby Nick Le Gras » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:13 am

Crawford ,I suggest if you want questions answered in a reasonable time scale
then the forum is not necessarily the best place to ask them

There is access to the committee members via direct email

I personally do not regularly review posts with the exception of weather guidance and rasp pages for which I have
"favourite" links.
Nick
Nick Le Gras

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.