View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Reserve Repack Sessions?

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Reserve Repack Sessions?

Postby Stuart Toon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi all,

Well, I think the title of the post has given it away, but - does anyone know of any parachute/reserve repack sessions? I cannot repack reserves myself, and it's been quite a while since I had mine repacked.

Ta!

Stewart
Stuart Toon

Re: Reserve Repack Sessions?

Postby Richard Jerman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi Stewart,

The LMSC has nothing planned at the moment but I will bring it up at the next committee meeting which is in a couple of weeks. I know in the past some pilots have gone to the Big Fat Repack in Reading and I believe their next one is on the 09/02/20.

Cheers,

Rich.
Richard Jerman

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:22 am

I am in fact already on the case with arranging self repack session for February, same arrangements as before, where you pack it yourself, but with help and support from other experienced non-qualified pilots.

It's not such a big issue to pack it yourself, and almost all parachute packing issues identified by the BHPA are now related to how it is installed into the harness, and maintenance of that installation - so it's your responsibility as pilot to know how it should be and what to look for when it's wrong. Therefore sending off to someone else to pack it, is not necessarily the most appropriate action to derisk reserve deployment failure (in my opinion).
Dave Thomas

Postby Stuart Toon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:10 am

Hi both,

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye out for the details for the February session.

Cheers,

Stewart
Stuart Toon

Postby Dave Thomas » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:42 pm

I have the option of a Friday evening in February - is that ok for people or is that a big NO?
Dave Thomas

Postby Mark Hogan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:13 am

Hi Dave, that would be OK for me.

Mark.
Mark Hogan

Postby jon tatton » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 am

Great by me too.
jon tatton

Postby Justin Davies » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi, I would be interested. Where do you usually have the venue?

Justin
Justin Davies

Postby Roy Dade » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I agree with Dave on the installation issue, I had a problem with my harness in that the reserve handle strop seemed too short and the reserve kept pulling the handle down and free from its neoprene retainers. Neither the reserve or harness manuals specified how the reserve should be fitted into the harness i.e. flat side up, reserve lines and elastic pop knot on the underside. Discovered the secret on Youtube of all places but the free play in the handle strop is important in deployment to allow the pins to be pulled before pulling out the reserve. Mine would have deployed fine as I discovered in trial pulls but not necessarily when I needed it. I think a repack with an EPPS would have got it right first time.
Roy Dade

Postby Stuart Toon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:28 pm

A Friday evening in Feb would be fine for me too.
Stuart Toon

Postby Dave Thomas » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Friday 7th February from 5pm until 10pm at the Victoria Hall Broseley.

Main high street - 10 Smithy Bank, Broseley TF12 5ER

Further details to come nearer the date, to book yourself a slot - only so that we don't have 10 people waiting at the same time for space to pack.
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.