View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Naughty, Naughty, Naughty.

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Naughty, Naughty, Naughty.

Postby Graeme Baird » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm

I arrived at the Mynd at 3pm today to see a tandem pg take off on a ttb. There were 7 or 8 military personnel in attendance. They obviously hadn't read the site rules which say no bottom landings at the moment. I believe the pilot had taken a few of the Army guys for flights, and presumably top landed. I had a quick word with them, before they disappeared to the bottom of the hill to retrieve the pilot and his passenger.I also asked if the pilot had paid the £3 daily site fee - one guy replied saying he was confident it had been paid.This is well out of order for visitors to turn up on our hill without having permission to be there.I walked to the front of the hill, trying to see where they landed, but didn't see anyone packing up.When the van arrived at the bottom, it looked like they didn't know where to find the flyers.At that point I called Geoff and then Kev to report what had happened. Again, I say that what happened is well out of order.
Graeme Baird

Re: Naughty, Naughty, Naughty.

Postby Roy Dade » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi Graham

Having contacted the pilot in question (a BHPA Instructor) he was well aware of the bottom landing field restriction which was why he bottom landed in the HG field beyond the road. No HGs flying apparently either.

As far as I am aware there is no requirement to get prior club permission to use the site, the activity was being carried out by a rated tandem pilot so I’m not sure what the issue is and as you said to me you didn’t see him land?

Naughty naughty naughty?

Regards

Roy
Roy Dade

Postby kevin williams » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks Graham for taking responsibility & contacting me about a potential mis use of out flag ship site.
Also, thanks to Roy for investigating the matter and reporting back.
As Roy said and as far as I can see there is no current requirement on our web site for organised groups to seek our permission to turn up on the hill to fly.
It’s my understanding that organised groups of pilots seeking to hold competitions on our sites are required to seek our permission so I think this is where any confusion might have occurred.?
I do however personally think it is a good idea if we are made aware of groups intending turning up on any of our sites, if only to advise them of any issues that may be present at that moment in time.
I’ll discuss the matter with other committee members and see if it’s agreeable for us to add something on out web site to this effect.
kevin williams

Postby Roy Dade » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 am

Thanks Kev, I think another lesson should be that members don’t go off like a blunderbuss on social media before the facts have been established. It seems the only offence was that caused rather than that committed!
Roy Dade

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.