View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Lets all collect litter

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Lets all collect litter

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 am

There have been comments on various Telegram message boards with suggestions to collect other peoples litter, and make our wonderful environment look that much better. Put a plastic bag in your rucksack and use it to collect anything you find, it's usually pretty light weight rubbish, and it will be a great positive talking point if you ever get a lift from anyone.

Here's one such comment from South East Wales club:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can I encourage everyone to include a plastic bag for picking up rubbish within their normal PG kit.

We are lucky in that we are often in a position to land in an area which is not often visited yet we still come across waste which has been lying in the environment causing harm for many many years. All it takes is for us all to make a bit of an effort and take that rubbish away with us. @TimPentreath @VivFouracre and @AlistairAndrews have in particular influenced me and changed what I do so that I try to give something back to the beautiful surroundings we fly and hike in and I think as a club we can make a massive difference if over 500 members do this too. Any other suggestions please post here.
Dave Thomas

Re: Lets all collect litter

Postby David Broughton » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Shame on anyone who needs to be told to do this! :evil:
David Broughton

Re: Lets all collect litter

Postby Geoffm » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:03 pm

It's amazing what people leave though. A few times driving to our field, or the gliding club, I've seen litter - often dog shit - which has been carefully picked up, put in a bag, and then just hung on the MGC gate, or on our fence. So I've taken it and put it in the MGC rubbish bins. But it's a bit bizarre, that people go to the trouble of picking up their own litter - which obviously they should do - but then can't be arsed to take it away, and just hang it somewhere for others to collect. The DSC shared this, about litter, on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PeakMountainee ... 5215837732
Geoffm
Site Admin

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.