View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

First aid course

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

First aid course

Postby Sian Leavesley » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:53 pm

I have arranged a first aid course for 8th April, it’s a whole day 8 hrs. It is taylor made for paragliding so will concentrate on the type of accidents that are relevant to us. If 10 people come it will be £34.50 each. The certificate lasts for 3 years.
It will be held either at the village hall in Church Stretton or the church barn bishops castle. Will advise closer to the time. This certificate is recognised by the bhpa as well. So will cover you if you want to do your coach course. If you want to come just let me know via email sianleavesley@yahoo.com or WhatsApp 07977385673.
Sian Leavesley

Re: First aid course

Postby David Broughton » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:50 pm

With regard to first aid (and considering the age profile of pilots!) there was some past discussion about joining with the MGC to get a defibrillator installed at the gliding club. Not sure if this was progressed in any way but in view of the time paramedics might take to reach a heart attack victim at the Mynd I think it would be well worth further consideration.

Maybe your course instructor could give some helpful advice?
David Broughton

Postby Sian Leavesley » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks for brining that to my attention Dave, the first aid instructor is a current paramedic, so I will mention this to him during the day see what can be done.
Sian Leavesley

Postby Sian Leavesley » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 pm

The first aid course will be held at the little Stretton village hall, just been confirmed.
Sian Leavesley

Postby Ian Alexander Morrissey » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Great idea Dave, you hope never to have to use one but it could be somebody's only chance and they are fairly easy to use.
Ian Alexander Morrissey

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.