View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Problems With The Mynd Webcam.

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Re: Problems With The Mynd Webcam.

Postby David Broughton » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Thanks Geoff.
David Broughton

Postby Graeme Baird » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:59 am

A question for Geoff - Would it be possible to ask MGC to have the windsock permanently in position until this matter is resolved? If they could do this it would help us greatly in determining whether it is flyable or not.
Graeme Baird

Postby Geoffm » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 am

The MGC tends to take the windsock down if there are strong winds forecast, and/or on days when the club is closed (it is only open Thursday - Sunday at this time of year). It is up to them whether it is on the pole or not. I do not want to impose on them for our convenience.

The cams and weather station on the LMSC web site (and MGC) are currently accurate. I don't know why people use myndcam.com. There is far more information overall on the LMSC/MGC sites. Always go to those. They will say if there is an issue with anything, since I am in charge of the MGC site, and I still edit the LMSC weather page.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Postby Graeme Baird » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

I didn't know about myndcam.com until Brian told me to use it a few weeks ago as an alternative to the main site.
Graeme Baird

Postby Geoffm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:37 am

Well, until I changed where the static wecams upload their images to, the images on the LMSC/MGC sites were taken from myndcam. So if they were incorrect on LMSC/MGC, they would also be incorrect on myndcam. It's because of the issues we had with myndcam that I have temporarily changed the webcam images (though not the weather station data) to bypass myndcam.

Anyway, as I said, LMSC/MGC are the definitive sites. Not myndcam.

Looks like a cold day at the Mynd.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Previous

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.