View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Week beginning Monday, 3rd December

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Week beginning Monday, 3rd December

Postby Geoffm » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Another lousy week, when it's either too wet, or too windy, or both.

Monday: there might be a (very) slim chance in the afternoon, if the rain stops, the fog clears, and it goes westerly for the Mynd.

Tuesday: mostly dry, and lighter winds. SE - too light for Corndon. If it's not clagged in, the Gyrn, or even the Wrekin, might be an option. Or Rushup in the Peaks.

Rest of the week looks like a write off at the moment.
Geoffm
Site Admin

Re: Week beginning Monday, 3rd December

Postby Graeme Baird » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:05 pm

I am thinking the Lawley could be possible on Monday afternoon.
Graeme Baird

Postby Dave Thomas » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm

I think Graeme is right about thinking of flying this afternoon, though it's clearing from the west slowly so Camlo or Llandinam I think are more promising to be dry enough - the wind is due to decrease this afternoon.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am

Tuesday, a lovely day but hardly any wind. Lapse charts look nice - no low cloud etc, thought that will be moving in from the west later. good for TTB's on some high hills, and there just might be enough to scratch around in the southerly peak district sites.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:18 am

Tuesday had the warm front murk come in quite early and be virtually nil wind here anyway.
I'm probably being over-optimistic, but BBC indicated on telly just now the cold front should clear our area by Wednesday afternoon, so there might be some flying if not too windy - direction will be veering, so anywhere between SSE and West - not really sure about timing yet, but will monitor and post in the morning.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 am

Wednesday not looking good - the frontal rain is still well out in the Irish sea so it's going to take a good while to clear here.
Dave Thomas

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 am

Wednesday was I think briefly flyable at Clatter, but no one there until it got too windy later in the afternoon.

No chance at all Friday - Sunday. Monday looks promising though
Dave Thomas

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.