View active topics

(LMSC members can login to see more options)

Sarn will be lost if the gate is left open as yesterday

We are re-structuring the forums, so that all topics will appear here, rather than being split up into the various different areas. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to navigate; and topics with the most recent posts will appear at the top of the list.

Sarn will be lost if the gate is left open as yesterday

Postby Crawford Coulson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:11 pm

I arrived at Sarn yesterday, wednesday, around 2pm to find the western most gate wide open despite a field obviously full of sheep. Just inside of the gate were a number of pilots cars. I don’t see how we would have kept permission to fly there if the sheep had got out or even if the farmer had simply driven passed.

No point saying ‘shut the gate’ as it is bleeding obvious. If you think someone else is going to shut the gate, e.g. leaving or arriving in convoy, please make sure you stick around to make sure it really is closed. If you arrive and it is open, please shut it whether you see sheep or not!
Crawford Coulson

Re: Sarn will be lost if the gate is left open as yesterday

Postby David Broughton » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:08 am

Well said Crawford - applies at nearly ALL our sites. I've found the same at Corndon on occasion. (and it was a major factor in Bache being lost)

CLOSE THE FRIGGIN GATES !!!!!! :evil:
David Broughton

Re: Sarn will be lost if the gate is left open as yesterday

Postby Sian Leavesley » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:05 am

We were there with 4 day tasters and 2 students on Wednesday after meeting at the castle hotel and all arriving in convoy together. We all walked over together through the gate at the car park on the main road and I closed it behind everyone. None of us went through the other gate. We arrived at 10.30am but a lot of pilots arrived throughout the day. Would be nice for someone to own up and apologise but I’m sure this will not be the case! There were no sheep up there on Wendnesday at all when we were there and we arrived at 10am and left at 5pm. But everyone knows to close the gate behind them whether there are sheep or not. Just close the gate, simple! :roll:
Sian Leavesley

Return to All topics

Please note: forum postings represent the views of the individuals, not of the LMSC. Posts which insult or libel others will be deleted.