|Status:||Sarn is currently open to LMSC members only (temporary guest membership can be obtained by contacting any committee member).|
|Latitude:||52.503754° (52° 30′ 13″ N)|
|Longitude:||-3.139499° (3° 8′ 22″ W)|
|Takes wind:||350 ° – 20 ° (NNW – N)|
|Location:||[maps.google.co.uk] [www.multimap.com] [www.streetmap.co.uk]|
|Maps:||1:50000 137 or Explorer 216|
|Blue arrows = take-off areas
Green triangles = landing fields
Thick red line = power lines (note: not all power lines are shown)
Red oblong = gates
P = parking
Click on map to increase size.
Turn south off the A489 at Sarn village next to the bus shelter/post box. Take the left fork at another phone box and follow the lane to the top of the hill and a small lay-by on the left. Park here and walk to T/O through the gate 20m from the lay-by, or go through gate and park well back from the crown of the hill.
- T/O altitude 1000 ft AMSL
- Top to bottom 500 ft
- Take-off can be tricky due to turbulence from the forestry below T/O. In addition turbulence is caused by the spur to the left of T/O when the wind is west of north.
- Top landing very big and flat. You can safely land back at the access gate.
- Bottom landing is cross wind and cross slope. Check it out before flying.
- No paramotors allowed.
- No dogs allowed.
- Hugh Miller, 08/08/2007, 122.6km to Cirencester. PG.
- Bob Calvert , 1984, 167 km. HG.
This area is used by low flying military aircraft on weekdays.
Nothing significant nearby.