|Status:||Caer Caradoc – Not flown! If you fly this hill please let the committee know so status can be decided accordingly!|
|Latitude:||52.5556° (52° 33′ 20″ N)|
|Longitude:||-2.7722° (2° 46′ 19″ W)|
|Takes wind:||290 ° – 340 ° (W – NNW)|
|Maps:||1:50000 137 or Explorer 217|
|Blue arrows = take-off areas
Green triangles = landing fields
Thick red line = power lines (note: not all power lines are shown)
Red oblong = gates
P = parking
Click on map to increase size.
From A49 2m north of Church Stretton or Cardington.
- T/O altitude 1500 ft AMSL
- Top to bottom 750 ft
- Take-off is straightforward.
- Top landing is difficult and not recommended.
- Bottom landing: there are no agreed fields. However, access and bottom landing are currently being investigated
- No paramotors allowed.
- No dogs allowed.
This area is used by low flying military aircraft on weekdays.
Halfpenny Green 19m downwind.
BLIPSPOTS and SKEW soundings
A Blipspot is taken from RASP forecasts, and provides an hour by hour forecast readout for:
- Thermal Updraft Velocity in fpm (shown as W*)and Thermal height
- Surface and upper wind speeds and direction
- % surface sun etc.