|Status:||Llandinam is currently open to Welsh resident pilots|
|Grid ref:||SO 044 886|
|Latitude:||52.474955° (52° 29’ 12” N)|
|Longitude:||-3.431573° (03° 24’ 12” W)|
|Takes wind:||270 ° – 305 ° (W – WNW)|
|Maps:||1:50000 136 or Explorer 214|
|Blue arrows = take-off areas
Green triangles = landing fields
Thick red line = power lines (note: not all power lines are shown)
Red oblong = gates
P = parking
Click on map to increase size.
- Via Plasdinam to Caetwp. Park on the field diagionally opposite the farm, close to the hedge making sure not to obstruct the gate. If the ground is wet in the field, contact Mr Parry in Caetwp farm for alternative parking. Walk up the lane until you reach Cross Keys house on your right. Through the gate and turn immediately left through another gate. There is a long carry up the rough track. Do not even take a 4WD drive up this track! As the track bears left, turn right along the edge to take off.
- Or via Cobbler’s Gate. Follow the track and park off the track just before the last gate. Go through the gate and follow the fence on the right and continue to the top to take-off.
- T/O altitude 1350 ft AMSL
- Top to bottom 550 ft
- Take off is straightforward.
- Top landing is good.
- Bottom landing by Caetwp is in the same field as the parking.
- There is no bottom landing field for Cobbler’s Gate.
- No paramotors allowed.
- No dogs allowed.
- Warning This area is used by low flying military aircraft on weekdays.
- Jim Mallinson, 29/05/2000, 131.8km to Honington. PG.
- Justin Needham, 2003, 76km. HG.
This area is used by low flying military aircraft on weekdays.
A25 3m downwind at FL65 (min altitude 5500ft amsl).
Landowner: Lord Davis
Landing: Mr Parry, Caetwp Farm
Take-off tenanted by Messrs Trow, Gwalchmai and Parry