The committee post for competitions is held by Jon Tatton. For any competition queries, email him at email@example.com. The form to book a competition is at the bottom of this page. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY, as it lays out the various rules we have for competitions wishing to be based here.
There is one current club competition:
- I love XC: people will get trophies for the first time they fly 25km, 50km, 100 km and 100 miles. See here for more details.
LMSC members entering National or International competitions
The club has many members with experience of competitive flying at the highest level; if you are thinking about entering your first competition in the UK, or abroad, or have some experience of competition flying and want to improve we can find a pilot to help you, so get in touch with Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will point you in the right direction.
Externally organised competitions
The Long Mynd also hosts externally organised competitions, such as the British Paragliding Cup, the Hang Gliding Open, etc. In order to maintain the sites, and avoid the danger of over-crowding the club now has a number of terms and conditions for competitions. These include, but are not limited to:
- £100 charge for use of the Mynd sites, payable to the club in advance of the competition (payable by cheque or online: see below).
- No bank holiday weekends are available for competitions.
- Organisers should be aware that due to recent changes by the National Trust parking can now be a problem and a shuttle bus may be a good solution.
- No dogs allowed on the Long Mynd take off/landing fields.
Any queries regarding holding competitions at Long Mynd sites should be addressed to Kevin at email@example.com. Please check with him first that the proposed dates are suitable. Once you have agreed the dates with him, complete the booking form below, and send off the form together with the payment to the address on the form.
The dates of competitions already agreed can be found on the events calendar, at http://www.longmynd.org/?page_id=11
How to pay the fee: the address for paying by cheque is given in the booking form above. You can also pay online. However, please note that you still MUST download, complete and send off the booking form above.
In exceptional circumstances (e.g. where a competition is based elsewhere, and only uses our sites once) we may, at our discretion, reduce that fee. To pay a reduced fee, use the link below, entering the amount which MUST have been previously agreed with the competitions committee member.