For any competition queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The form to book a competition is at the bottom of this page. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY, as it lays out the various rules we have for competitions wishing to be based here.
LMSC members entering National or International competitions
The club has many members with experience of competitive flying at the highest level; if you are thinking about entering your first competition in the UK, or abroad, or have some experience of competition flying and want to improve we can find a pilot to help you, so get in touch at email@example.com and he will point you in the right direction.
Externally organised competitions
The Long Mynd also hosts externally organised competitions, such as the British Paragliding Cup, the Hang Gliding Open, etc. In order to maintain the sites, and avoid the danger of over-crowding the club now has a number of terms and conditions for competitions. These include, but are not limited to:
- £100 charge for use of the Mynd sites for more than 1 day during a comp or £60 for a single day, payable to the club in advance of the competition (payable by cheque or online: see below).
- No bank holiday weekends are available for competitions.
- Parking can now be a problem and a shuttle bus may be a good solution. Never block gate entrances or lanes or local amenity parking. Never drive to the top of Corndon hill & only park in the site guide described field at the Lawley!
- Ideally we ask for a months notice to host a competition on our sites. A competition hosted with us giving the full notice period, is most likely to be able to have access to all our competition friendly sites.
- With sufficient notice, competitions hosted elsewhere may request to visit to use one of our sites but ‘hosted’ competitions always take priority.
- Whether ‘hosted’ or ‘visiting’, an absolute minimum of 24 hours notice is required to request to use a particular site to give us time to clear with landowners and to advise our members; the more notice given, the more likely you will have access.
- No dogs allowed on take off/landing fields.
- Always shut gates behind you even if they are open when you arrive.
- Nothing is agreed until you have received a reply confirming, so if you do not receive a reply please get in touch again in good time!
- Full requirements and conditions are to be found in our Competitions Booking Form, please ensure you read this before making an enquiry.
Any queries regarding holding competitions at Long Mynd sites should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check first that the proposed dates are suitable. Once you have agreed the dates , complete the booking form below, and send off the form together with the payment to the address on the form.
Download a competitions booking form
How to pay the fee: the address for paying by cheque is given in the booking form above. You can also pay online. However, please note that you still MUST download, complete and send off the booking form above.
To pay a reduced 1 day fee, use the link below, entering the £60 amount which MUST have been previously agreed with the competitions committee member.